The 50 Day Movie Challenge asks one question every day, to be answered by a few paragraphs and a clip, if possible. Click here to see all 50 questions in a nice and organized list. It’s such a pretty list.
TODAY: What is the first movie you remember seeing in theaters?
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen other films before Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Movie in the theater, but I don’t remember them. I was quite the fan of the Turtles from the start, so when the film came out I absolutely HAD to go! I remember being drawn in by how well the puppetry was done in this film, as well as how dark the film was in comparison to the Saturday morning cartoon. And while the film has gotten a bit silly with age, I distinctly remember it being “the best thing ever.”
The scene I embedded below is perhaps my favorite scene in the entire film, and the one that got all of us kids who had gone to see it roaring with laughter. “Damn” was a bit of a naughty word at that age, and to hear it in the movies was a bit of a thrill. What would our parents do when they heard THE MOVIE SWEARING?!?!
It’s probably best that Dad took me to this one. Mom might not have been too thrilled.
I REALLY like memes. Don’t believe me? There’s a post of 100 Things I Love About My Favorite Movies on my blog that will delight fellow movie lovers and sadden them at the same time as the myriad of youtube clips overload and crash their browsers.
This particular meme caught my eye as it was making the rounds on both Facebook and various other blogs. The idea is to post one each day for fifty days and to provide clips where possible. I plan to post these throughout the weekday, skipping Saturday and Sunday to get a bit of a queue built up.
Here’s the full list of questions. I will add the links to the latest posts as they get uploaded.
1) Your favorite movie
2) The first movie you remember seeing in theaters
3) The movie you’ve seen the most (repeatedly) in your life
4) Your favorite animated film
5) Your favorite documentary
6) Your least favorite movie by your favorite director
7) Your favorite movie soundtrack
8) Your favorite opening sequence
9) Your favorite movie ending
10) The movie that least deserved to win Best Picture at the Oscars
11) A movie you walked out on in theaters
12) Your favorite male performance
13) Your favorite female performance
14) A movie that made you cry
15) Biggest movie character crush
16) The scariest movie you’ve ever seen
17) The funniest movie you’ve ever seen
18) A movie that disturbed you
19) A movie you’re surprised you enjoyed
20) A movie you thought you would love but were disappointed
21) A movie that most fans and critics loved (but you hated)
22) A movie that most fans and critics hated (but you loved)
23) A movie you think is critically or commercially overrated
24) The most beautiful movie you’ve ever seen
25) The best-scripted movie you’ve ever seen
26) The most embarrassing movie in your personal collection
27) An iconic movie that you still haven’t seen
28) A movie you REFUSE to see
29) The one movie you think everyone should see
30) The last movie you saw in theatres
31) The worst movie you’ve ever seen
32) Favorite sequel
33) Favorite remake
34) favorite series
35) Favorite book-to-screen adaptation
36) Most Uncomfortable Date Movie –
37) A film you could never watch with your parents
38) Movie World that you would most want to live in
39) Favourite Musical
40) Favourite Movie Death
41) A film that you quote most
42) A movie that you would love to tour the locations for
43) Your favourite music scene from a non-musical
44) Your favourite comfort film
45) A movie that turned you on
46) A film you would like to remake
47) Currently unfilmed book or idea that should be a film
48) Movie Scene That Most Makes You Wince
49) A Movie that will always make you think of a special moment
50) Favourite Black and white film