I suppose I should make some kind of post about life as I know it right now. Decided that I was done with Chicago and moved my ass all the way over to the west coast to live out a life of fame and fortune. That is to say, I moved to LA to try and see if this writing business will actually pan out. Whether or not this was a bad move remains to be seen. Whether or not this degree of mine was a bad move remains to be seen. Basically, I moved from one question mark to the next. But hey, that’s what adventure is, right?
All I know is that I haven’t really done a lot of writing since I got here and that’s NOT a good thing.
Feel free to ignore this post at your leisure. This is me getting back into the habit of writing.
A lot has been going on in Jonathan-land since the last update. Instead of getting all prose heavy on you with how my life has been, I’ll just do a simple bullet point list of recent developments. You can thank me later.
- Moving to Los Angeles in August to try and start my career as a screenwriter.
- Redesigned my site.
- Ended the hiatus to Hilarious Henry, and then hiatus’d again for the move to LA.
- Started work on draft 2 of the script I wrote for Script Frenzy. Not much progress has been made on that front, however.
- Started a cool new podcast with some friends. It’s called Flickers & Beats and we talk about movies and music. Sometimes there’s talk of theater stuff.
- I’ve seen She & Him, Mates of State and Modest Mouse live.
All in all, it’s been fairly busy. I haven’t written much because I just haven’t had a lot to say that couldn’t be said on some other social site out there like Facebook or Friendfeed or Twitter. And even then I haven’t been too terribly active on those.
I promise I’ll be better about this.